Every home needs a caramel fudge recipe in the recipe book. Caramel fudge is loved by pretty much everyone (do you know anyone who doesn’t love it?). This recipe makes a beautifully sweet fudge that melts in your mouth.
I like to use a good quality white chocolate when making this fudge, I think it gives it a rich and smooth consistency, which is what fudge is all about after all! The resulting caramel fudge makes a lovely gift to package up for Christmas or birthdays or just because.
I’ve made this fudge up to a week before I’ve needed to use it. It stores really well in a sealed container inside of the fridge. To be honest, it doesn’t seem to last very long once it’s made!
Easy caramel fudge recipe
Makes 24 pieces
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 6 hours (mostly in the fridge)
- 125g of butter
- 390g tin of condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 220g of brown sugar
- 200g of white chocolate – broken into pieces
1. Break the white chocolate into pieces and chop. Set aside until needed.
2. Line the base and sides of a 28cm x 18cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside until needed.
3. Add the butter, golden syrup, condensed milk and brown sugar to a medium sized saucepan and cook over a low heat for approximately 10 minutes. The fudge mixture will start to thicken and turn a lovely golden brown.
4. Once the fudge mixture has darkened, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the chopped white chocolate and quickly stir to combine.
5. Quickly pour the caramel fudge into your prepared tin and gently smooth the surface.
6. Place the caramel fudge into the fridge for 6 hours (preferably overnight) to set before cutting into small pieces to enjoy.
Let us know in the comments if you make this caramel fudge!